Thursday, August 04, 2005

Why is it so long?

While I was feeling happy that it seemed another FO was in sight, I suddenly took a good look at the 2x2 Rib Socks I was knitting. Would you feel a bit disheartened when you see this?


Yeah, the Rib Sock's heel is that much longer than the Chutes-N-Ladders'! Now, I have to wait until Husband comes home tonight and gives it a try on. I hope miracle would happen and I won't have to rip!

Happier news: I finished the Sirdar 8337 sweater's back. The set-in sleeve-armhole using Ann Budd's sweater pattern seems to be fine:


However, the real challenge is in sewing the sleeves to the body of the sweater ... and that would have to wait.

And look what I have here! Yeah ... right, another project! Actually, I started this not longer after the Sirdar sweater but I don't know why it has always slipped from my mind when I post. You probably can't see what it would be now. It is Bomber from Rowan's Denim People. I am using the Naturelle 8/8 cotton coned yarn I bought from Elann last year. You know, reading about other people knitting denim is one thing, knitting it yourself is another. Right now, I am feeling like balancing myself on a thin rope in the middle of the air ... so many things can go wrong with this denim yarn! And I'm not even using denim yarn! LOL! Well well well, keep my fingers crossed and I hope to give you good news eventually.

This afternoon, I am going to spend some time in the central park here practising my photo-taking. Wish you all a wonderful evening.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Don't worry. Ribbing should stretch so it should fit your husband! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Physman_wiu said...

Thanks for dropping by my site, I will surely take a lot of pictures. I also have some from my last visit on my blog, just look to the links on the right. Also there are pics from Palau, Macau, Bangkok,-as soon as i get enough free time-Cambodia.