Saturday, August 06, 2005

Antsy ... ants on a warm pan (Updated)

This is how I am feeling right now. Actually, this is how I have been feeling since Thursday afternoon ... after listening to the telephone message reminding me of my appointment this morning ... and after opening Bloglines and reading this post of Wendy's. 2 hours from now, I am going to have my first ever mammography done ... and I am feeling antsy about it.

To the best of my knowledge, no one in both my father's and mother's families has breast cancer. But the problem is, no one can really be safe from it until the very end. I am not afraid ... but just anxious and restless, yeah, like ants on a warm pan.

So, I knit. I knit the Rib Socks. I knit Bomber. Knit, knit, purl, purl ... knit, knit, purl, purl ... the rhythm of the knit-purl ribbing pattern is strangely soothing to the mind. I am going to bring the socks with me.

But at least there is one piece of good news. The Rib Socks fit Husband's feet. I can keep on doing knit, knit, purl, purl ...

Update: I arrived 30 minutes earlier, as instructed, and was actually done 5 mintues before the appointment! Now is another waiting of 8 to 10 days ... which I am not too worried about. There are lots of things to do and my mind would be fully occupied. Thanks for listening to my little rant this morning ... and wish you all a wonderful weekend.

11 comments:

Liz said...

Aww..It will be ok. The worst part isn't the 'squishing', it's the waiting. I know, been there twice. It's lke pins and needles. Good thing we have our knitting to keep is sane. :)

caitlyn said...

Agnes, I hope everything will turn out all clear. Take care!

anna said...

did it go ok? knit on...

yuvee said...

Wish you all the best, and keep knitting!!

claudia said...

Every year, baby. Gotta do it.

I'm really glad you are taking care of yourself on this issue.

YEAH!

Siow Chin said...

Yes, you reminded me. Last year, I had my mammogram and had to do it three time in a row. My breast tissue was very dense and the doctor was not happy and ordered an ultrasound (and I didn't know an utlrasound can be performed on the breast). Luckily, things were clear. I'd better go and do mine for this year soon.

Liz said...

I'm sending healty thoughts your way! I hope the mammogram results are normal. I get to start having them soon myself.

Heather said...

Best wishes...hope everything returns a-okay.

twig said...

The waiting for the results must be torture -- though I would think the squishing would be, too.

Don't forget to let us know when you find something out. *fingers crossed while I'm not typing or knitting*

Shelley said...

Good thoughts. And good for you for being on top of your health!

letti said...

i'm sure your mammogram will go well. It's good practise to go for checkups !