Thursday, July 21, 2005

Rumba!

How do you like dancing? How much you know about "rumba"? You can learn more here. But "rumba" today means new socks for me!

Again, with me stealing the photo trick from nona, you can now move your mouse over the photo to see the socks comfortably nestled in my new red shoes.

I really like this cotton/wool blend sock yarn because it knitted up into a thin and comfortable fabric. The slight elasticity makes the socks fit even more snugly. A very nice and economical ($2.99 per 50g/253yds ball) sock yarn for summer time.











As you can remember, I started using this yarn for the Chutes-N-Ladders pattern, which I found to be not very suitable. So, I used the measurements from that pattern and switched to a 5k 2p ribbing. Here you have another shot of the socks:







Yarn: Dancing from KnitPicks (41% Cotton 39% Wool 13% Nylon 7% Elastic) Col: 23587 Rumba
Gauge: 36 stitches for 4"
Needle: US1.5 DPNs
Pattern: 5k x 2p ribs

In my last post, Susanne said she had problem posting link. Since she didn't leave any means by which I can contact her, I hope she is reading this. The html code I use for posting link is this:

< a href='url address' >name of the link< /a >

I hope you can succeed in putting links on your blog, Susanne.

11 comments:

Purly Whites said...

Awesome socks! How cool that you used Nona's photo trick!

wendy g said...

Your socks amd Manos scarf look great. I must try the photo trick too.

opportunityknits said...

your knitpicks sockyarn is real sweet. They look like a great fit too.

claudia said...

I like the colors in your sock. Perhaps someday it will be cool enough in sunny CA for you to wear them!

Peggy said...

How come every can knit socks so fast?? I love the bright colors!
I've been trying to do that mouse-over trick for the longest time. Still no avail :(

Siow Chin said...

They look great and the yarn is such good value for money, pity they don't sell overseas.

Lauren said...

I have been curious how that new KnitPicks sock yarn knits up--it is cute :)

Susanne said...

My apologies..you'd think I would want you to connect to my new blog.
Thanks for posting the "how to" on putting a link..I tried it but ? it must be me...

Lynette said...

Comfy-looking socks! I'll have to try the Knitpicks yarn sometime soon. You are always a great resource for some new blogging or photo tip too. I'm going to check out the link for Nona.

Allena said...

those socks are great. i love how the colors look like you spilled them onto the foot! wonderful!

Monica said...

Cute socks! Especially with the red shoes.