Sunday, July 10, 2005

Mystery Kit #4

I had great fun working on this small project. I said 'small' because it only took me 2 days to finish with the knitting part. However, I couldn't post on it because there was something I didn't like with the FO. It went very smoothly all the way until the very end. The instructions said "BO all sts snuggly" ... also the nature of the FO called for a tight bind-off edge. The instructions suggested using 2-stitch I-cord BO. Great! A new technique to learn. However, the bind-off edge was not tight at all! It really looked like a flaring trumpet! So, I tried using a needle 2 sizes smaller ...


Ooops! Part of the mystery leaked through this photo ... yes, there are 2 pieces in this project! I am quite happy with the result of using US4 needle. Besides, I really like the neatness of I-cord BO:


I must remember to mention that the yarn is really soft and the colourway beautiful (Denim). Both times I was very satisfied with Margaret's Mystery Kits. I wish she will continue with this.

I have been pondering how to blog on this project without spoiling the fun of other kit owners. Finally, this post of nona inspired me! So, if you really want to know what it is, click on the photo ... otherwise, start knitting your own kit!


5 comments:

claudia said...

Those are cute. Probably not necessary at the moment where you live, but cute for winter.

Ellen said...

I couldn't get the photo of the FO.
What did it end up being?

Ruth said...

hi agnes! thanks for visiting my blog! i was reading your profile and i totally identify with you about the "stay-at-home wife" thing and how i would so much rather cook and i hate cleaning. but i have to do it. blech. =P where are you in san jose? i grew up in saratoga/san jose and we visit my inlaws down there quite a bit.

btw, i'm doing my honeymoon cami in Dale of Norway's Svale yarn. it's a little splitty, but knits up pretty good so far. =)

happy knitting! =)

nona said...

Love the photo fun -- of course I clicked on the picture! Your FO is quite fun...

Monica said...

Someone in my knitting group was knitting the same kit with the same yarn. We had so much fun with the instructions for the "mystery hole". Your wristers look nice!