Monday, July 25, 2005

I have the toes covered ... first!

I thought I would have nothing blog-worthy these days as I am knitting Husband's socks - dark colour, 2x2 rib. But maybe I was wrong.

See the sock brothers here? They are testimonies of my first successful attempt at toe-up socks!

Before starting the Chutes-N-Ladders, I had tried numerous times ... on almost all the different methods ... all to no avail. Something I've learned over the years is that whenever such a situation arises, I should just let go ... at least for a short time. It's meaningless to keep on frustrating myself. When the time comes, I'll be able to do it.



Now the time has come! I followed the instructions of Pine Tree Toe Up Socks and used the figure-8 cast on. I am not sure if it is a good idea to 2x2 rib the top of the foot. This will have to wait for the end-user's comment. But I like the shape of the toe made from this method ... and it seems quite sturdy too.




I know another challenge is waiting for me ... the short row heels! I'll update you with the progress. For now, my little friend would like to wish you all a wonderful week ahead of you:

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Very cute picture of the socks' beginnings. They look like little mushrooms or something. What camera did you end up getting?

letti said...

yes, at first i thought they were the kettle covers :) but they're very cute.

opportunityknits said...

Interesting cast on, will reference it to try some day. Thanks for the link.

Erin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I actually had a student from Hong Kong this past year. He couldn't speak English or Mandarin when he started last August, only Cantonese. It made it very difficult the first few months to try and figure out what he wanted. He learned quickly though. Your Manos Love Scarf is ssoo beautiful.