Wednesday, June 29, 2005

My first Tivoli

Yes, you read it right, this is my first Tivoli T-shirt. I like it ... I can see myself wearing it very often, so often that I think I would need a second one. ;) Besides, this is a super fast knit. I started last Tuesday and finished last night ... one week! I am so eager to show you my new tee-shirt that I didn't even block it ... I didn't want to wait. I just steam-ironed it to make the stitches even out and flatten the curl at the bottom a bit.



Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease Col: 106 Ice Blue
I bought this bag of 3 from Tuesday Morning for $5.99. Somebody in KR Forum said that those from this shop may be seconds. This was my first time using this yarn, so I have no way to verify that. But given the fact that I just used a little bit more than 2 balls (the last 2 inches using the third ball), I only spent around $4 on this Tee, I have no complaint about the quality, which is really not too bad. Besides, all along there were only 2 knots ... much better than some more pricey yarns.

Gauge and size: I used US7 and got 19 stitches for 4" ... basically the same as in the pattern. For the binding off, I used US8 and the result is good, I think.

Pattern and modifications: Pattern is by Kathy. After binding off for the armholes, I cast on 15 stitches each side for the underarm. This gave me a 35" finished bust measurement. I also added one more round of waist increase to give myself more ease in wearing. The length of the whole tee-shirt is 21".

Special features: This is a knit-in-the-round top-down pattern. The most exciting part of knitting is to see how the increased stitches form the square neckline and raglan shoulders ... like magic to me! The stockinette stitches do make the garment curl a bit, especially at the bottom ... but this doesn't bother me too much as it adds to the casual touch of the tee-shirt.

18 comments:

grumperina said...

It is absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm so happy for you, this is how the shirt is intended to look :). Do you mind if I include a photo and a link to this entry in the Tivoli gallery? (http://www.grumperina.com/gallery.htm) Let me know :)

margene said...

Wow, that's a cool top. I'm going to have to make one, too. Nice work.

yarn_nut said...

Great shirt! I hope mine turns out that well:) I read your post on KR about this shirt and it inspired me to look for the pattern and reassign my Knitpicks Shine to this project.

Gail

joy said...

The Tivoli top looks great on you!! Great color!

opportunityknits said...

You look good in Tivoli. It fits so well and in such a pretty colour too.

Laura.Y said...

Nice! Really nice! I have this on my waitlist. U r enticing me!

letti said...

it looks gorgeous! and you look wonderful in it!

Peggy said...

Wow, it's beautiful and practical. I think I will have to add that to my "stashbuster" list. ;)

Liz said...

Gorgeous!!!!! I love it! You've inspired me too!

Thanks for introducing me to this great pattern!

claudia said...

I'm thinking of trying this pattern in a ribbon yarn.

Mimi said...

Tivoli is a perfect fit on you! I hope I still can find the yarn next week in US. :)

Cara said...

Ooo.. i like your Tivoli, it fits you so well!
Now i'm tempting to knit one for myself. :-)

Shannon said...

Tivoli looks great on you. I've never been able to find that shade of cottonease, but if I could I would have bought a ton.

Anonymous said...

I'm so going to knit that. Cute, cute, cute!

Leslie
www.nakeidknits.com

anyone said...

It is so nice! I may have to find time to knit one myself.

Vanessa said...

Very nice, great job!I just added this project to my todo's as well.

nona said...

You're Tivoli T-shirt turned out beautifully -- you definately need a 2nd one!

Nyxxie said...

I love the top now I think that I might have to add this to my list of things to make. But I will have to make it with cotton-ease as I have never seen casscade in bulky but I love the look of the other one!! Great job.