Monday, June 06, 2005

Just saw my MIL off in the airport ...

... and we are now home. Saying goodbye is always hard ... and as before, we won't do anything special today. I am making use of this time to post so that I won't be kicked out of the various rings! hahaha ...

I finally didn't make the cat toy. Not that I didn't have the time to knit, it's just I didn't have the concentration needed in exploring a new pattern. I did manage to finish the back of faye and started the left front, which is now at the armhole shaping. Not bad, huh? I also got the shoe size of my MIL ... so now I have more projects waiting on my to-do list. I think a pair of felted slippers would be a good idea for Christmas gift.

We didn't make any long trips out of town, mostly staying in the Bay Area. But we did visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium. My MIL is a great great animal-lover, so this is a good place to take her. I've been there once and I LOVE it there because there is a section on beautiful jelly fish:



This time we were there when it was feeding time. It was an amazing sight to see the staff diving into the kelp forest to feed the fishes. Don't you feel confused looking at this picture whether it was the diver feeding the fishes or the fishes feeding on the diver?



The sea otters are the poster-kids for the aquarium ... but you won't be surprised by this when you see that they are sooooo lively, playful and cute:



One week seems really short ... but the most important thing is that she had a good time here. Judging from this picture, I think she did:

6 comments:

claudia said...

It sounds like you have a great MIL. I do too, and its certainly a blessing.

Rebekah said...

Oh that place sounds awesome, I really dislike jellyfish, but only when I'm in the water with them. But watching them move is like watching a ballet. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Lynette said...

What eerie, fascinating pictures of jelly fish. They are such strange creatures.

Love the picture of the otter. I think the Monterey Bay Acquarium is the best in the US. It's always fun and interesting to visit.

Liz said...

Aquariums are one of my favorite things to visit. The jelly fish are lovely, but I tend to agree with Rebekah that being in the water with them is, not such a treat. :)

I was think about you hoping your visit with you MIL went well. Looks like you have a good relationship with her which is a rare and handy thing.

Laura.Y said...

ooo i like those pictures! very interesting.

Karen said...

Agnes, it looks like you had quite a busy week and had lots of fun too. It was a quiet week without you. I am sure you will miss your MIL....goodbyes are always difficult for me as well. Now you will propably begin mad knitting again. Have fun!