Monday, June 27, 2005

Here I come, SixSox-ers!

I finally made a debut with the SixSoxKAL pattern! This time I used Patons Kroy 4-ply in Tan ... yeah, compared to Rumba, this is quite a boring colour ... and I have tons of them in my stash! LOL! If I want Husband to wear the socks I am going to make for him to work, stay with the boring colours!

I was excited because this time, I used the tubular cast-on method without referring to any reference books or notes! This means I have mastered the method! And because I am using wool blend, the cast on is less wonky than the cotton blend:



This cast on also got the approval of Husband, who has been complaining about the tightness of the long-tail cast-on row. However, I highly suspect if he is going to like this Chutes-n-Ladders pattern ... the chutes are too much like little snakes along the leg! Therefore, they would become birthday gift for my father in Ocotber. I think he would be surprised that not all hand-made socks are thick ... he has only seen the pair I made with Cascade Fixation. ;)

A little episode on Saturday. We took an impromptu drive to the mountains but since we had limited time, we only managed to drive to Saratoga. I casually mentioned to Husband that there was a knitting store there. To my surprise, he suggested we made a stop there! When we entered the store, his first response was "This is a nice store!" "Isn't it beautiful here?" I asked. "Yeah ... so beautiful that one would like to buy everything!" was his answer, and he meant it ... not in the sacastic way! Since we were in a hurry, we only stayed for 5 minutes. When we left, he asked, "Are you sure you don't want to get anything here?" Oh sure, but maybe next time, I said.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow the self-control. I envy you. Esp. with a eager to spend DH along for the ride!

Mimi said...

Oh, I just love that store in Saratoga! I found it last summer. Actually, I searched in the net and yellow pages for other stores nearby. See, how addict I am to yarns..:) There is another that I like in Los Altos Hills.

opportunityknits said...

Agnes, you've got a lot of self restraint!

joy said...

Very nice socks! And a very nice and deserving husband for being so considerate as to suggest you visit a yarn shop!! :D

anyone said...

Wow, you scored yourself a great husband... mine would be soooo impatient in a yarn shop that I wouldn't feel comfortable even looking around.

anyone said...

Wow, you scored yourself a great husband... mine would be soooo impatient in a yarn shop that I wouldn't feel comfortable even looking around.

claudia said...

That husband of yours is a keeper.