Thursday, June 16, 2005

And now ... let's party!

Yesterday, both Mimi and Joy had FO parties. Finally it's my turn today! So, let's get moving!



I was trying out the functions of my new camera and got these funky effects. Here are some better views of faye:



Details:
Yarn: Endless Summer Collection Lara Col: 236 Mint Cream
I like this yarn. Though tends to be splity, it is soft and knitted up well. As you can see from the picture, there is a vibrant sheen to it. It may not look too good in photo but I think it is beautiful in yarn.

Gauge and size: The gauge is exactly the same as Rowan 4-ply cotton. It is a pity that the colours available now are not my favorite, otherwise I would be tempted to get more for projects using the Rowan yarn. The yardage per ball is a little bit less than 4-ply cotton, but I only used 6 balls for the medium vest, which claims to fit 36-inche bust. However, I think maybe I should have knitted the large size, or make the medium size a tiny bit wider. You can have the proof for this in the picture of the front. This is a fitter size than the Cabled Vest.

The pattern and modifications: The pattern is from A Treasury of Rowan Knits. I made it shorter than what the pattern calls for ... a length that I like. Also, the armhole shaping for the vest is a bit deeper than the cardigan. I chose to shape mine following the cardigan. I like to have more of my shoulders covered! ;) As you all know already, there is no instructions for the armhole bands. I ended up picking up 128 stitches for each armhole, which worked out fine.

Special features: The stitch pattern is a simple one giving an effect of vertical stripes. Together with the obvious dart-shaping at the waist, this vest should have a well-fitting slimming effect ... though I'm not sure if it is enough for me ... hahaha ...


dart shaping

With faye now being an FO, the problem left for me is the leftover, which is quite substantial - 4 balls, 50g each. I am thinking if I can make a vest using 6 balls, would it be possible to make a little camisole?

10 comments:

joy said...

Great job Agnes! You look really good with the 'slim fit'!:)

claudia said...

Agnes, Faye is looking fine on you! Love the funky action photos.

opportunityknits said...

Faye is a good fit, looks great, and good colour choice too. The dart shaping is very interesting. And of course you look slim!

grumperina said...

Looks great, love the color!

Mimi said...

I can tell you are so happy with faye. It's great that fits you so well! Just in time for summer!
I also think the left over will be enough for a camisole.

Mimi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura.Y said...

love those funky shots! Looks good on you too :)

Karen said...

It looks smashing on you Agnes!!! Beautiful!!!!

Liz said...

It's very flattering on you! You chose a gorgeous color too! Nice job Agnes!

Eilene said...

Your new FO looks great Agnes. Enjoy wearing it!

Love the shots of you dancing.