Thursday, May 05, 2005

Voodoo Doll?

Last night, while watching the results show of American Idol, Husband suddenly took an interest in what I was knitting. This was because it was something very different from what I have been working on. He asked, "Are you making a voodoo doll of me?"

I wasn't finished yet at the moment and I thought, "Is it really that bad?" But when I was done, I kind of understood his concern ... and we had a good laugh out of my first knitted teddy bear:



The pattern is from IK Summer 2005 and I used some Patons Grace scraps from a gone-bad crocheted project. It does look a bit eerie!

Well, I wasn't just making this for fun. My niece's birthday is coming and I have been having difficulty crocheting the hat I planned. When I saw this pattern, I thought it would be a good gift for a little girl if made into a keychain. This one is just a practice. For the real thing, I would use the leftover from Mystery Kit #3. Wool is definitely a better choice for this tiny bear.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The advil pill beside him is cute. How badly did the bear or you need it?

Lori said...

i think it's so cute! lol. i can see where the voodoo doll thing came in for sure tho!

opportunityknits said...

hee hee, teddy is cute but I think it's those eyes! Just change the colour of those eyes and don't use red either :)

Peggy said...

Oooh, it's pretty cute. I thought he Advil was a basketball... hee hee.

Laura.Y said...

A voodoo teddy? :) It's cute though!

Rebekah said...

My husband was looking through my IK the other night and exclaimed at those teddy bears. He thought they were awful, I'll have to tell him about your voodoo bear. But it won't matter to you niece, she'll love it just because it's from you.

Mimi said...

Your little bear looks very cute, maybe I should make one for my younger boy! I laughed at your husband's concern...