Sunday, May 29, 2005

My MIL is coming

My MIL would be arriving from France tomorrow to stay for a week. Therefore, I spent quite some time this weekend cleaning the apartment. If you want to know how seriously I love doing housework, check my profile. I hope she is not allergic to dust ... but I have tried my best! hahaha ...

Last time she came, I made her a scarf. My mom asked me why I didn't made a pair of socks for my MIL. Well, I don't know her size! I just know she is a petite woman ... but socks have to fit well. I have been thinking of making a catnip toy for her cat. Yesterday, I tried the pattern in S&B Nation and a pattern I found on the internet. I used some Caron acrylic yarn for the try out ... and discovered that it was indeed not easy. I already knew this from my experience of making the Itty Bitty Bears. This made me appreciate Martha's works even more. She has a large collection of knitted toys and animals ... all beautifully made. Well, I'll try again ... hopefully I would be successful.

Siow Chin said she had no clue who Katie Holmes was. Well, I honestly don't know too much more than she does. I just know that she is an actress on some tv series and just starting to make it into the big screen with a Batman movie, I think. I just think she is a poor girl ... being with such a lunatic! I am sure there are better choices out there for a publicity stunt.

I am not sure how much time I would have for knitting and blogging next week. Hopefully, I can sneak some time for reading your blogs! ;)

6 comments:

Siow Chin said...

Thanks for the information about Katie Holmes. End enjoy the time with your MIL.

Mimi said...

Yesterday I bought "Instyle" magazine, and Katie Holmes is the cover girl. There are a few pages about her but I haven't read yet!
I always knit better when the house is clean. My problem is that I can't coordinate both...

Karen said...

As I write this I am supposed to be cleaning the house. I did some, but need to get to it. Have a wonderful visit with your MIL....I am sure she loves anything you knit for her. Have fun!

Lauren said...

Have fun with your mother in law. I am sure that she Will like the knitted cat toy if you are able to do that.

Hope your week goes well :)

Megann said...

My MIL is flying down here on Monday to stay for a few days. May we both survive it with smiles on our faces.

Lynette said...

Agnes,

Hope the visit with your MIL is going well :-)

I think Tom Cruise has control issues. He married 2 actresses before they became famous/accomplished but divorced them once they established their identities as credible actresses. Now he is preying upon this young girl Katie Holmes. Yuck.

I've used old swatches for catnip toys. I found that if I leave a long tail, the cats like them even better.