Monday, May 09, 2005

Have you had enough of bears?

For me, almost! I made two more much better ones, one using the merino wool from Inspirations Yarn (super soft ... I highly recommend it and the colourways are gorgeous too!) and the other Rowan's Magpie Aran.


I haven't put the eyes and noses yet. Eyes are the windows to the soul. I want them to have beautiful souls this time ... so I'll go cautiously! I am happy with them so far. The small bear will become a keychain and the bigger one will become a pin. I think these would be nice accessories for a 10-year-old.

Oh, BTW, the bears in the first picture were leaning against an article on short row shoulder shaping from Knitty. If you are a newbie to short row like me, you may want to have a look at it.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Your right they would be nice accessories for a 10 year old.

froggyknits.com said...

so cute! gotta knit those.

opportunityknits said...

Oooh I like the little teeny one in variegated red. Is it terribly difficult and fiddly to knit and sew up these tiny bears? I'm hoping you will say they are a breeze to make :) You could also substitute little beads for they eyes.

Mimi said...

I see you had a lot fun making little bears. The variegated red and pink are my favorite.

Peggy said...

Cute cute cute! Perhaps you can consider using black beads for the eyes. It should make things easier.