Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Finished the Back

First of all, the knitters have spoken and they unanimously prefer the pink tank top ... and so it would be my choice. Well, actually I DO like it a little bit more than the other one ... your opinions only strengthened my liking. Thanks a lot.

I have finished the back of the Cabled Vest (VK SS 2005). Everything went well so far. Somehow the colour of the cotton yarn I have chosen is extremely difficult to capture. I hope the natural daylight this morning is helping ...


It is not gray nor white, but a cold icy blue. The armholes seem to be big from the picture, but I have yet to knit an armhole band.

When I was working on the previous pattern, I just felt that the yarn was difficult to work with - common cotton yarn problem ... no elasticity, easy to split ... etc. I was afraid that the problems would just be aggravated with frogging. Actually I didn't frog, I knitted from the previous piece. It is really surprising that I like working with it so much more this time. The problem of splitting has almost disappeared completely. I don't know what happened! One thing I am certain - I am a total cable addict! I just love working with cable patterns!

However, I think I must start learning how to shape the shoulder using short rows:


It is very rugged, isn't it? I am not a perfectionist in all aspect ... and this I can live with. But I would like to improve on that in later projects.

6 comments:

opportunityknits said...

Oh, what lovely cables. I bought yarn to knit this too but I can only start after I finish a couple more projects. Meanwhile, I'll vicariously enjoy your knitting on this!

Lynette said...

Agnes, I envy your progress. The cables look wonderful.

I, too, think shoulder shaping, and seaming sleeves to armholes, are such a bear. Short rows are the way to go. Either that or tank tops.

Siow Chin said...

I really like the cable top a lot. Short row shoulders are a lot easier than it looks. It does produce smoother slope. Try it!

Mimi said...

You are really good with cables! When I do cables I always have irregular and loose stiches (on the left sides of cables.
Thank you for all your good advices on my last post. I will try another camera, the one I am using has Japanese functions.

Laura.Y said...

Looks great! Love that color. I've been contemplating this color for a while. U r really fast too!

joy said...

I really like those cables! Like the others have said, short rows are great for shoulders seams.