Monday, May 02, 2005

Cascading Leaves Socks

I finished the Cascading Leaves Socks over the weekend. I can send them to my mom together with some new photos of us. Hopefully, the package will reach her on time for Mother's Day. If it doesn't, she is used to my always being a bit late already!



I have made some changes to the pattern:
1. The leg part is one pattern repeat less, giving me a shorter leg part.
2. The toe decrease is 1 decrease row followed by 1 even row, from 16 stitches to 10 remaining and then close toe. However, I found that was not long enough for my size. So, I kept the 1 decrease row and 1 even row until there were only 4 stitches left. The result is much better fit as you can see here:



I didn't pay too much attention to whether the colour patterns of the 2 socks were the same. That doesn't bother me a bit. I like the colour of this Elann Esprit sock yarns ... and I hope my mom would like them too.

7 comments:

grumperina said...

So cute! I love the color, and the fit seems just right. I am sure your mom will love them. I'm working with the same yarn right now, and it is so comfy!

froggyknits.com said...

great socks!

opportunityknits said...

cute socks, makes me want to knit socks too.

knit chick said...

They look awesome. Love the colors. Looks like those clouds you see on a sunny day. You're mom will love 'em!

Mimi said...

Your socks look very comfy. Your mother will be delighted with the gift! I haven't knitted any socks yet, maybe I'll try it in winter...

Peggy said...

You're mom will be very happy to recieve those socks! Now I feel guilty for just sending my mom a card...

Karen said...

I am positive mom will adore those spring socks. What a nice gift to send to your mother. She will be pleased I am sure.