Monday, May 23, 2005

Believe it or not

... there are really people who like Cleaves (one of the twin sisters!) so much that they actually knit up one. It is just a matter of personal preference.

After working on Rowan KidSilk Haze, I find that I love the feeling of mohair. I am indeed very lucky that I have no allergic reaction to mohair. Last week, I bought 2 skeins of Karabella Lace Mohair in charcoal. They are not as hazy as KSH ... but feel really soft. Despite the scorching sun outside the last weekend, I took the needle and swatched with them! Actually, I plan to start making Jewelled Shell after I finish faye ... would it be too crazy? Knitting a mohair shell under 80F+ (I speculate that when I finish faye, the weather would be even warmer!)? I just love the soft feeling and can't stop touching them!

An update on my mom's socks: she received the socks just the day before Mother's Day. Since we share the same size, they fit her well. When I told her I learned to knit socks some time ago, she thought I was doing them in a tube shape, without any heels. Therefore, the socks were a nice surprise to her. When I told my dad I planned to knit him a pair too, but may not be able to make it for Father's Day, he told me not to bother ... since handknitted socks are too thick for him. He said he would have to buy a new pair of shoes to wear my socks! Therefore, I plan to make a pair of gloves or mittens for his birthday, which is in October. This allows me more time for my summer knitting! Thanks Dad!

4 comments:

claudia said...

If you are tired of scorching heat, head to New England where it is rainy and in the 40s. I'm wearing my wool sweaters and socks and shivering....

Lauren said...

Oh, I love mohair too... I have not tried that Karabella mohair yet. Sounds very nice though :)

Eilene said...

I can't wait to start knitting with my Rowan Kidsilk Haze. Every project I have seen knitted up in it is gorgeous!

The tank you're going to knit will be so pretty in the charcoal. I love gray!

yuvee said...

Love love love KSH. Usually I hate mohair, but I'm really crazy for this one ;) good luck with jewelled!