Saturday, April 02, 2005

Sneak Peek of New England

No, I am not planning a trip to the East Coast. New England is the name of the socks I am knitting. The pattern is from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. I have completed one already. I planned to post photo only when I finish the pair. However, there must have been a really big log blocking my eyes when I worked on the second one. You see:


How in the world is it possible that I didn't see the mistake until after 4" into the leg? Without wasting time on self-pity, I immediately sent it to the frog pond. Now I am almost to the heel. Some new FO is on the way!

I have learned something though. Many fellow knitters seem to loathe working on cables. For me, lace pattern is a great challenge. I make much more mistakes knitting lace than cables. New England is a pattern with heavy lace pattern. I need to have very good concentration and memorizing the pattern seems to be impossible for me. But I can tell you it's worth the effort - it is beautiful.

4 comments:

grumperina said...

Ahhh! I'm so excited for you! As I mentioned, I knit these socks for my grandma some time ago. I definitely couldn't memorize the pattern, but after a few repeats I could easily spot if I was making a mistake and I could find my way in the chart if the post-it fell off. They look gorgeous in that color, too... I'm such a sucker for anything burgundy or red.

Anonymous said...

Hello Agnes,
Nice socks too...
I have to try lace ones...

Fran├žoise

Lynette said...

Agnes, you and your socks are awesome.

jeannie said...

I'm finding that socks take more concentration than I thought. My toes decreases are crooked on my first sock because I kept forgetting if I was on the decrease round or the knit round!

The first one's always the hardest. On the next ones I'll be faster. Also I'm interested in learning 2 socks at once on circs. If I do two at once I think I'll have abetter chance of them being close in size LOL.