Friday, April 15, 2005

I wish I had it earlier ...

It is a beautiful 75F sunny afternoon ... good enough to wear a sleeveless tank ... to let your bare arms breathe in the early summer air. Yet, when you enter the grocery stores, you inevitably feel a chilly breeze enveloping you all over. I always wish I had brought something to keep me warm at moments like this, something light and handy enough to be put inside my carry-all and yet not be a burden. Now, I have it:


I thought "Tie one on" would be a real quick project, but it took me a whole week to finish. I was progressing like a snail when I came to the front ties. Maybe it was because of the 1x1 rib stitches ... which I don't particularly enjoy. I have to say Rowan Kidsilk Haze is an evil yarn ... it is definitely not easy to work with, and yet I can't help loving the silky soft and hazy feeling of the knitted piece.


I have chosen a very subtle grey colour, which always made me think of Trevor and Igor. Lovely!


If I had this with me when we went watching the Maverick's Surf, I wouldn't have felt like Medusa on the beach of Half Moon Bay because I could have worn it like this and kept my hair tidy on my head:


Now I am greatly tempted to use this yarn again for this.

Note: Special thanks to Claudia on advising how to weave in ends of KSH. I should have asked her earlier ... when I changed for a new ball of yarn. As she said, weaving in the ends is not really a problem. But I stupidly chose to tie a knot when changing to a new ball.

10 comments:

Peggy said...

Hi Agnes! Wow, you're still pretty fast with the wrap. I think it looks nicer than the ones in knitty!

Karen said...

Agnes....how do you get things done so quickly? I am jealous! Did you get the car yet????Have a great weekend!

Lynette said...

Lovely! And the color you chose is quite elegant and understated.

Atouria said...

Your wrap came out gorgeous! I much prefer it in the gray you selected rather than the blue they introduced it with. It looks beautiful on you!

Toni said...

Wow--great job! I think I'm going to take another look at that pattern thanks to you :)

nona said...

Your Tie One On looks great! Kid Silk Haze can be a bit tricky to work with, but I love the results and cannot stop using it.

Eva Shiu said...

It is beautiful ! Good work !

Lu said...

I love it - way better than the original!

Heather said...

Beautiful! I'm starting something with KSH and wonder what type of needle you use, or would recommend, or any other various tips you could offer. The yarn scares me because it's so eensy.

Ann said...

Gorgeous scarf! I am a huge fan of Kidsilk Haze, despite its tricky ways. I hated it at first, then loved what happened when it was knitted up. Way to go!