Thursday, March 31, 2005

Kept behind closed doors!

I planned to pick up 2 knitting books I reserved from the library. When the car was 500 feet away from the library's parking lot, I started to have a bad feeling - the best parking spots were empty! When I entered the parking lot, the neon sign "CLOSED" on the front door of the library confirmed my ominous feeling. It happened again - ARGH!

Out of curiosity, instead of leaving right away, I parked and went to find out why it was closed. (Usually it was me who forgot the library's closing days.) Cesar E. Chavez's birthday! I have to admit I know very little about this man, although I remember there is a Cesar Chavez Street in San Francisco. But a man so important that his birthday is a state holiday, I think I need to learn a bit more about him.

With a little extra time on my hand, I drove to Recyled Books nearby. Recently I picked up quite a number of old knitting magazines and patterns in another used bookstore in Mountain View, so I thought maybe I would find something here too. This is what I got today. It was without jacket but the condition was extremely good. There were even 2 photocopied pages with handwritten notes among the pages! I like treasure hunting in used book stores!

No comments: