Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I am in love ...

This happened when I was blog-surfing one day. Someone (Sorry, I was so obsessed that I forgot everything else ... so, can't tell you who this is!) said that she bought this pattern in Stitches West (do click on the picture for a larger view; or you can go to Stitch Diva Studio ... the larger view can show you the charm of this little garment):

As you know, I exercised extreme control when I was in Stitches West. In fact, I didn't pay much attention to the patterns there ... just too many of them and I had too little time. But when I saw the photo on the blog, I swooned! I headed straight to Stitch Diva Studio and, without much struggle, bought the pattern. I love the flower pattern collection too ... should I buy it as well?

I don't know when I would work on this. But like Wavy, I know I don't just like the pattern ... I really LOVE it. Right now, I am looking at all the different possibilities of yarns to use.

While writing the last post, I had problem uploading other pictures I took of the socks. I am trying again and ... ta da ...

I want to show you these pictures because they show the short-row heels ... which was a new technique to me. I guess you can gather that as there are some quite big holes there ... hahaha ...

8 comments:

Karen said...

Holes or not Agnes, the socks are a "10". :)

sherry said...

agnes,
that capelet is lovely. is it a hard pattern to follow?? Im such a novice. and your socks are beautiful. love that color of yellow. reminds me of spring!
thanks for visiting my blog.

Amie said...

No no no...

Not "quite big holes" at all.

"Design Elements to echo the lace pattern."

Megann said...

Agnes, the socks are gorgeous! I love the pattern and color. Fab-U-Lous!

Lynette said...

Agnes,

Love the socks! Knitting socks intimidates me. Yours are very pretty.

Go for the flower pattern book. Why not? It'll be fun and different.

hollyboc said...

Hi Agnes
Those socks are beautiful! Welcome to the Sock It To Me KAL.
Your blog is also great. I love your first sweater. I had never seen that pattern and I thought I've seen them all. (Believe me, I don't DO them all, I just LOOK at them all!) I also really like the afghan with all the patterns. What a great way to learn new stitches.
Holly

Liz said...

Very lovely socks and caplet! Love your blog... new visitor. :)

- Liz
www.goodnightweb.com

Devine said...

That capelet is awesome; I bought the pattern immediately! I have a friend it would be perfect for. Did you notice that you start by casting on 75-99 stitches and end with 357-513? LOL 513 stitches, hard to imagine... I think I will be ordering some Noro and casting it on! I will check back with you to see if you start it soon!