Friday, February 11, 2005

Hey! Somebody jumped the line!

I was supposed to be finishing the sweater. Yet, I was distracted. This was what happened.

Do you remember this? In case you don't, it was from knit.1 magazine. I like it a lot. I think it is very beautiful. It only called for 3 balls of Jiffy, so I thought it wasn't worth getting the yarns online. However, I had a hard time finding the right colour for it in Michael's or Jo-Ann ... baby colours are not good choices and the greens and blues they usually carry are not good match of the style. Then one day, I discovered this:


The plum in the model is too feminine. This variegated El Paso is just perfect. So, in 2 days' time, the yarns became this:

I found that having ruffles just on the upper corner was even better than all over the front. If you click to see the larger photo, you would see that the opening of the purse tends to curl outward. Therefore, I hemmed along the edge, thus making it look neater. You can have a look at the finished object here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I like your version better. It looks like it was fun to do.

Barbara
http://sermomknits.blog-city.com/

letti said...

always love seeing your work