Thursday, February 03, 2005

And I Crochet too ...

Yeah, after the successful try at the crocheted flower pins, I seemed to have regained some confidence at crocheting. Some time ago, I saw this beautiful pattern in Jo-Ann's. I think this would be a good way to really start learning to crochet. Then, I discovered this amazing crocheting community, Crochetville. With political and religious topics not allowed there, I find that it has a much more friendly and welcoming atmosphere. I joined the 63-squares crochet-along and people there did teach me a couple of things. The most important thing is that I came to realize in crocheting, even an experienced crocheter may have to crochet and frog numerous times in order to get the right gauge. This helps me to be more patient in trying to find the right hook for my project.

I like the colour combination of the original pattern, so I am going to stick to that. These are the colours I have chosen for my squares:


So far, I have completed 6 squarea already ... pretty impressive to myself. Here they are:



I need to rework on the borders of the 2 squares in yellow with a different hook so that they would be of the same size as the others. Don't you think they are pretty?

5 comments:

Jewels said...

Absolutely they are pretty!!Lots of great new stitch patterns in that book. I'm in the 63 square along too!

Egeria said...

Wow those square are absolutely beautiful! The colours are gorgeous, I can't wait to see the finished project :-) I can't crochet to save my life although I'd love to learn as some knitting patterns I've seen call for crochet. How many square can you do in a day?!

Donna said...

Agnes, your squares are gorgeous! I just love the yarn you picked. I adore cotton.

I'm so glad you are enjoying the atmosphere at Crochetville! A lot of decision-making between myself, Julie, and Tiff has gone into it. I'm really happy that even though the board has grown tremendously, we've maintained such a pleasant, friendly place, bringing together all sorts of wonderful folks from various backgrounds who all love to crochet.

birdwoman said...

very very pretty. My knitting was never so pretty.

Happy new year (a few days late).

(*)>

Jenn said...

Great colors! I've only done...3? squares and don't like the colors so I'm thinking of starting over.