Monday, January 10, 2005

Sweater Progress

Well, I finally had the shell of the sweater off the needles. For the sleeves, I am now up to the cuffs. To avoid the possibility of them being of different lengths, I knit them at the same time. The front and the back are in the last stage of blocking. I didn't have much confidence in submerging the whole pieces in water, so I chose to spray water over them.





I don't know if it was my own illusion or what ... since the yarns I used for the back (the left in the pic) have been frogged, I always feel that the pattern on the back is not as well defined as that on the front. I just hope blocking would help the wool to relax and bounce back to its original state. So, I sprayed over the pieces, let them dry a bit and then repeat again. After seveal hours, when they were quite dry already, I used a steam iron to hover over the pattern. I am not sure if this helps. Keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: