Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Some Old ... Some New

I am going well with the sweater:

I had a hard time straightening the pieces but you can still see the pattern. I have finished the pattern and what remains is increasing on both ends on every 4th in stockinnette stitch. Therefore I need something more challenging:

Cute, huh? I fell in love with Wavy the moment I saw it in Knitty and have been eager to make one for myself ever since. I am knitting it with Filatura Di Crosa 501 in Garnet. I think I have changed a little bit in my taste for colours. I am beginning to be more open to wearing red. Is this a sign that I am really getting old? As I remember these 2 lines from a Jennie Joseph poem:

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.

I used to find this funny ... actually I still find this funny.

6 comments:

xmasberry said...

i knit wavy in red also, but for my mom! i am not a red person, but i have started getting attracted to orange, which is equally as odd for me. personally, i think it is the knitting, i see so many beautiful colors that i would have never thought of looking at before.

xmasberry said...

you know, i was a total lazy-bum and did not block the scarf, but mine seemed quite smooth. especially once the whole thing was done and the weight of it started to help the shape. my mom liked it (i think), at least she said she liked it. kinda hard to tell. but she should like it, as it is really beautiful.

Laura said...

Looks great! You're making me want to make the wavy scarf. I love the color you chose. What's that about imitation and flattery? ::grin:: Can't wait to see the finished result.

YummY! said...

When I first glanced at the first picture I thought, "Neat, someone's knitting a bra."

Then I did a double take.

Anonymous said...

All your knits are looking great. I love the wavy scarf and the color. It will be very striking on you!

I need to try the knit 2 sleeves at a time. Do you like it that way?

Eilene
http://eiknit.typepad.com

letti said...

ooo..we need an up date on the sweater! :)

letti